Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daily Diary

Days of Note: Flamekeeping

Sun: sagittarius (fire/mutable), 7:37am - 4:55pm
Moon: waxing gibbous, taurus (earth/fixed)
Earth: cold all day, mostly cloudy but no snowfall

Thoughts: had trouble sleeping last night, so spent some time thinking about some potential fiction writing stories (inspired by de Lint's book of short stories - it turns out he does improve as a storyteller after his first novel, or at least, in short story form he does); this morning spent some time discussing Emily's excuses apologies for her emails; discussed hormonal imbalances and psychosomatic symptoms, and whether or not we should be concerned about the kids if she's claiming she has that little control over her outbursts

Actions: still trying to get these damned craft projects to turn out right (slowly running out of both time and supplies - family might have to deal with crappy Christmas presents this year); got in a really good and satisfying chunk of time doing contractor work today, ran by Michael's, watched some episodes of Buffy in the evening with Jeff

Connections: still in denial about Christmas time and coping by trying to get these presents to turn out halfway decent; also, haven't been keeping up with the daily meditating now that I'm not doing it in conjunction with the diary keeping in the mornings anymore - this was the first flamekeeping shift was I was so completely distracted that I didn't have a chance to do any sort of meditation (but I did wear the flame all day, and I spent a good chunk of time in the middle of the night last night praying to Brigid and composing some chants to her, though now I don't really remember them); on the other hand, when I sat down with my computer and tarot deck to do my journaling tonight, I felt a kind of wash of happy I'm-so-glad-I'm-Pagan enjoyment in the prospect

Daily Tarot Card: The Seven of Cups is a card of dreams, fantasies and choices. While it may be easy to become ungrounded and loose perspective, lost in a dreamworld chasing unrealistic goals and selfish ambitions, the paradox of seven is that with limitless possibilities also comes the potential to deepen, to grow, to become more truly yourself. (My note: I draw this card again, on a day when I am sleep deprived and feeling ungrounded due to a restless night of dreams and imaginary conversations and arguments, not to mention our over-indulgence in television this evening, which is a kind of fantasy-world in itself. Perhaps this is reminding me to keep my "eye on the prize," so to speak, and pursue activities that I know will help me to cultivate my true, authentic self, even if I'm feeling tired or distracted. At the same time, I find myself not feeling as stressed out about this card as I was before when it kept coming up. I am feeling more connection to the man with the map, than to the wild-eyed woman reaching for the floating citadel. I think this means I've been making some progress in dealing with the energies, patterns and behaviors this card represents for me.)

No comments: