Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Diary

I just realized that I haven't updated here in forever, and even now it's past my bedtime. The past several weeks have been very much akin to those contests you sometimes see on TV, where burly lumberjacks have to dance across rolling logs as they turn and bob in the rough waters of a wide river. I've been jumping from project to project with an intensity that, normally at this time of year, I devote to revamping my yoga routine and plunging into spring cleaning. (Jeff has been worrying that I'm ungrounded... but how can you ground on a rolling log? You just have to dance.)

I'm wondering if the stellium in Aries has anything to do with it. Last night I had a dream that Jeff and I were in a classroom full of people where a professor was trying to give a lecture, when his podium went up in flames. I tried to rally folks to get out to safety, but everyone just sat there like startled sheep, and eventually I made a bolt for the door and managed to find a fire alarm in the hallway that set the whole place ringing with sirens and warning bells.

So it seems a lot of my life right now is about movement and energy, and learning to move when you have to, to keep up and stay safe. I stay wound all day, intensely focused on my work, and at night, I sleep like a log. It's like my own little private version of spring, with sap rising and everything waking.

Except that I remember past springs, when I had time for things like poetry and daydreaming. Not that I don't enjoy being productive and rising to the challenge.... but I think right about now I could go for a few poems about daffodils. Not to mention a few actual daffodils. It's been a long winter.

No comments: