Jeff and I were supposed to attend Pantheacon over President's Day weekend, but I was struggling with migraines the week leading up to it and, considering that it cost a huge amount of money for the travel and hotel, we decided to cancel the trip and use our days off to spend some time in wilderness retreat instead. This plan backfired somewhat because the local hotel we booked for a few days just to get away from the house and change up our routine ended up having terrible mattresses and I had to sleep on the floor for two nights on a pile of blankets before we decided to check out early and just go home. But they did give us half of our money back, so... yay?
We spent most of our time exploring the area near North Bend and Snoqualmie, including Mount Si. Hiking and fresh air made a huge difference with my headaches, but since coming home again they've started to come back. I've narrowed it down to environmental and/or stress-induced causes, or maybe a bit of both. I've been meditating and exercising regularly in the mornings, which seems to have a small effect, but by the afternoon the headaches return, so I'm getting in half-days of work at best. I'm getting more and more frustrated, since the pain seriously impacts by ability to concentrate for long periods of time. Not only have I not been able to get back to podcasting stuff at all, but now even my writing is starting to be effected. (But who cares? It's not like I have a functional webpage at the moment anyway... ::sigh::)
So at this point, I'm sorely tempted to just take a permanent vacation in the mountains and not come back until it's well and truly spring. Jeff is supposed to start teaching me how to drive again; I don't know how quickly it'll come back (considering I only ever drove a minivan and the last time I was behind a wheel was more than a decade ago). For now, I'm kinda stuck.
So here are some pictures from our weekend in the mountains.





No comments:
Post a Comment