Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Diary

Sun: capricorn (earth/cardinal), 7:42am - 5:16pm
Moon: first quarter, taurus (earth/fixed)
Earth: cold, down below freezing, gray with steady snow all day (for the past couple days), it looks quite picturesque, especially when the sun is low enough on the horizon during early morning or late afternoon to slip in under the clouds and give everything that slightly warm, shining silver glow to it

Thoughts: been a while since I updated the daily diary - to recap, I was very drained and headachey (possibly actually sick, though I'm still not sure) for a few days after the new year, and then Jeff and I packed up to go down to North Carolina for the OBX Wedding Expo (I can fill you in on those details later); today, very much wanted to get out of bed early along with Jeff but just couldn't bring myself to overcome to fatigue; instead, spent some time in a half-awake state brainstorming some ideas for a story I'm working on, made some helpful breakthroughs, I think; had a smaller anxiety attack about money this morning, as there's yet another medical bill coming our way and there's news that because Jeff's company is doing so well, they're now coming to the attention of some folks who might try to either sue them or buy them out (or both), which means our future's a bit uncertain (though at the same time, it's really good to hear the company's doing that well, and they are taking precautions against a lawsuit); oddly, later in the afternoon, I felt better and more energetic, motivated

Actions: slept in a bit too late this morning, then had the minor money freakout; wrote to my dad to ask advice about wedding stuff and home finances, and felt better afterwards; after lunch, worked a really good hunk of time doing some consultant work (first in more than a week - where does the time go?!); had a good dinner and enjoyed some episodes of Buffy and X-Files with Jeff; afterwards, while Jeff spent some time in meditation, I unpacked a few spare boxes of clothes and organized the closet space in the hallway and bedroom

Connections: feeling really good about how the house is coming along; as we get more organized, it's easier to find a place for everything, which drastically reduces the clutter (and thus, my stress level); I also feel gratified to get some work in and feel that I can contribute (now that we got the whole invoice thing sorted out, hopefully money will be coming in on a regular basis, instead of in infrequent but large lump sums)

Daily Tarot Card: The Ten of Pentacles is a card of fulfillment and enjoyment, especially of earthly pleasures and joys, as well as of material prosperity and financial stability. Yet there is also a spiritual dimension to this card, which expresses itself through the patterned work and form of art and aesthetics and the simple, genuine gratitude and generosity that comes from enjoying your place in the world and feeling connected with all those around you. Tradition, structure and form provide the latticework for the movement and exchange of spirit and its generosity; this is a card of culmination and great happiness that is borne of hard work and commitment, shared with all.

No comments: