Saturday, January 15, 2011

Daily Diary

Sun: capricorn (earth/cardinal), 7:41am - 5:18pm
Moon: *waxing gibbous, gemini (air/mutable)
Earth: gray and cold all day, some "wintery mix" among the clouds

Thoughts: started the day with a bad dream about having my arms chopped off; spent some time thinking about my "internet persona" and all those issues; overall, though, mostly focused on contractor work

Actions: in the morning, poked around online trying to put off actual work; replied to a commenter on my recent blog post over at P+P; put up some pictures on the wedding blog; when Jeff took the kids to Phipps for lunch and some fun, I buckled down to contractor work and basically spent the rest of the day hunkered down plowing through that stuff; after wrapping that up this evening after dinner, I spent about two hours finally finishing the last part of my "long goodbye" series for my Meadowsweet blog, and posted it

Connections: feeling worn out and drained, but otherwise pretty good; I do think I'm feeling a bit freer now than I was before and, with a good night's sleep, I'm hoping my optimism will be returning soon

Daily Tarot Card: The Moon (XVIII) A card of dreams, fantasies and the unconscious, the unmasking of truth as can be seen sometimes only in the half-shadowy light of the moon at night. Sometimes a card indicating anxiety and even fear, the powerful urges arising from the unconscious may be harnessed and integrated through creative and artistic work. As a card of the major arcana, there is also a hint in this card that the forces of the unconscious may well up unbidden in unexpected ways, causing an unsettled period during which emotions run high and life may seem unpredictable, strange, even eerie.

No comments: