Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Daily Diary

Sun: scorpio (water/fixed) 6:59 am - 5:08 pm
Moon: waxing crescent, capricorn (earth/cardinal)
Earth: bright and sunny morning, bit warmer than yesterday (high near 60)

Thoughts: mostly excitement about the new (potential) job, and nervousness about what it will entail; also, brainstorming about Brigid ritual, writing some liturgy/poetry/chants/recitations; wanting to finish post for P+P, though with new job not sure when that will get done; concerned a bit for Jeff, who seems to be struggling with a head cold and feeling generally lousy

Actions: yoga this morning, meditation, signed contract for independent consultant work; one of two possibilities for the rest of the day — either first day of work; or "wedding wednesday," organize info on photographers and caterers into spreadsheet with contact info, email officiant, review budget and timeline; register with TCN; clean out and reorganize upstairs closet

Connections: amazed and grateful about the job opportunity and really hoping it works out; priorities now suddenly being rearranged, and yet I find myself looking forward to having structured time for work apart from all the many other things I want to be doing (almost as though work can function as an excuse to "not be available" for a little while); I think this daily meditation is quite helpful in getting some perspective on my work load and just how much I really am trying to do during any given day (also helps me feel not as guilty if I spend x number of hours on a project and then don't finish it - I can still count the time I've put in, instead of judging only by what I finish)

Daily Tarot Card: The Ten of Cups celebrates the fulfillment and culmination of peace and serenity. Success and happiness, especially of an emotional and spiritual nature, have arrived at last, and the formalizing of a bond or union brings both stability and great joy. Whatever difficulties lie ahead, your joy will see you through it.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Update: After dinner, I might go out into the woods for some meditation and prayer, to seek guidance from Brigid about writing this ritual.

Ali said...

Update again: O, I forgot! I also purchased the tickets for the Wild Good Festival this morning... so it's official! We're going to the festival in June!