Days of Note: Thanksgiving (in Lancaster), Flamekeeping begins at sunset
Sun: sagittarius (fire/mutable), 7:17am - 4:56pm
Moon: waning gibbous, cancer (water/cardinal)
Earth: gray, cold and sleeting in Lancaster
Thoughts: feeling distracted by the constant noise of the television and have a bit of a headache (possibly also due to dust); mind kind of wandering, not thinking about much in particular; just wanting to get through the holiday without any arguments, a bit on edge but in general very much enjoying Jeff being here - his presence seems to calm everyone down; thinking a lot about this new idea for writing on the blog and getting kind of excited about it
Actions: meditation this morning, Jeff, my brother and I are going to see Harry Potter around lunch time, coming back to an early Thanksgiving dinner (and probably more television, though Jeff and I will likely retire to the bedroom)
Connections: I still don't understand the point of visiting family and spending time with other people if the TV is going to be on the entire time dominating the conversation and taking precedence over the presence of other people in the room; but just making sure I don't start any fights (in the meantime, Jeff and I are able to have fairly witty conversations between the two of us that demonstrate to our parents that you can talk about politics and what's wrong with society without it ruining your day)
Daily Tarot Card: The Three of Wands is a card of dynamic restfulness, a pause on the threshold, a moment in which to stop, take a breath and appreciate the success that has brought you thus far - before stepping out to continue your journey, perhaps moving farther than any others before you have gone. The wide world beckons, stretched out before you beneath a bright sun - carrying a reminder not only to explore and expand your horizons, but to seek a broader perspective and rise to the call of leadership. (My notes: I think this is a very good card, especially as it relates to this new blog project idea. For now, of course, I can't do anything until I get back home. So the next day and a half is definitely a time of rest and pause before continuing on the journey.)
No comments:
Post a Comment