Friday, November 12, 2010

Daily Diary

Sun: scorpio (water/fixed), 7:03 am - 5:05 pm
Moon: waxing crescent, aquarius (air/fixed)
Earth: another sunny, warm day, the birds are singing, I'm itching for some outdoor time

Thoughts: still brainstorming this Brigid of the Stars ritual, marveling at the intensity and excitement; thinking about the Rachel Maddow interview with Jon Stewart, some of his points so clearly shaped by watching too much cable news; want to finish at least one blog post today (P+P or Meadowsweet), maybe two, but we'll see how it goes

Actions: still no yoga (arm still sore, but getting better); waiting for word on my first project for work; finish Brigid ritual and post it; walk in the woods; spend time preparing lesson for Savanah for Sunday; finish a blog post; go ahead and order StD cards

Connections: there's always more that I'm thinking about than I have time to devote my energies to accomplishing; sometimes I wish I could figure out a way to write as effortlessly as my brain rambles, but to craft a good ritual or essay takes a lot of pausing and staring off into space, playing with different word choices and potential structures; writing is a long process, it forces me to slow down, which is not a bad thing, just... wish there were more hours in the day

Daily Tarot Card: The Magician (I) possess creativity, skill, enthusiasm and self-confidence. Ready to engage in the world of form and to exercise willpower in pursuit of learning, experimentation and activity devoted to and directed towards what seems most important. In some ways an inward-turning card, it represents the energy, vision and initiative to make a tangible start towards an objective (though not necessarily the meticulous planning or mapping of details towards any specific goal as yet).

No comments: