Days of Note: Traveling to Lancaster to visit parents for Thanksgiving
Sun: sagittarius (fire/mutable), 7:16am - 4:57pm
Moon: waning gibbous, cancer (water/cardinal)
Earth: chilly and gray all day, felt like it never quite got past twilight
Thoughts: feeling anxious for no real identifiable reason, but it's causing various stresses to come to the fore; worried about the blog and why no one seems inclined to support it, and whether or not it's even the appropriate medium for my writing any more; worried about wedding planning and the conversation with my parents in the next few days about the progress we've made (and anticipating arguments about decisions to come); a little anxious about work and wanting to put a few more hours in this week, perhaps on Friday; also anxious about the Lady of the Stars group and how that's moving along, really wanting folks to stick with it, probably not necessary to worry about that given the amount of interest, but still, I find I don't want to lose that community now that I've found it
Actions: another Wedding Wednesday, spent most of today going over the check-list of accomplishments from the past few months and organizing a power-point presentation for tomorrow or Friday to discuss with my parents about plans for the coming months; also wasted time this morning replying to blog posts (and now feeling frustrated about that waste of time); still have to finish laundry and pack, get on the road to drive to Lancaster
Connections: just general anxiety, oddly enough I'm wondering if it has to do with the idea of having two days off from all of this stuff and being mostly away from the computer; I've been getting stuff done as quickly as possible over the past few weeks, making huge strides, to the point where I just don't see how I can do anymore, and maybe I'm feeling frustrated that it doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing much of anything and, especially, I haven't really written anything substantial recently (other than the meditation the other night, and the write-up of ritual results that I posted to the Brigid group - and of course these daily diary entries); so I don't know... just anxious and feeling worn out, and yet worried that I can't get everything done and I'm not making enough progress
Daily Tarot Card: The Five of Cups indicates a time of emotional upheaval, sorrow and regret - plans and hopes have been upset, dreams toppled, tears shed. Yet five is a number of transformation and revolution, as well, and so this card demands a reorientation in our outlook, a reevaluation of our emotional patterns and priorities. There may be more cause to hope than we realize, as well as positive things in our lives that we are overlooking or under-appreciating due to our focus on our own frustration and grief. What gifts may we be undervaluing? What potentials and promises have we turned our backs on? The Five of Cups challenges us to remain emotionally open and receptive to whatever the shifting tides may bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment